Welcome to the Alabama Forestry Commission's application management page. A few things to know before you apply.
- We use Submittable to collect applications. You will need to create a free Submittable account or sign in with Google or Facebook credentials to apply to any of the programs below.
- You can save a draft of your work if you would like to finish filling out the form later.
- If anything changes with the information you submitted, please request to edit the submission
- Submittable works best on Google Chrome, Firefox, and Safari. Internet Explorer is not supported. Please make sure you are using a supported browser.
- You can download Firefox by following the instructions linked here.
- You can download Chrome by following the instructions linked here.
We will follow up with you about your submission by email. Please whitelist notification emails from Submittable and check the email you used to sign up for your Submittable Account regularly. Check out the Submitter Resource Center if you have any technical questions.
- Only properties located in Clarke, Choctaw, Marengo, Washington, Walker, Tuscaloosa, Bibb, Hale, Greene, Russell, Bullock, Macon, Etowah, Cleburne, & Calhoun counties are eligible for the program.
- The landowner is not required to reside on the property or in the state of Alabama.
- The applicant requesting service must be the owner/decision maker of forest management activities on the property.
There are other stipulations pertaining to approval under this program as follows:
- The prescribed burning work performed pursuant to this agreement shall be subject to a minimum charge of five hundred dollars ($500). The prescribed burning rates are as follows: Twenty dollars ($20) per acre for overstory burning and twenty-five ($25) per acre for site-prep burning. Such charges shall be in addition to, and not cumulative with, any other minimum charge(s) which may apply to other types of work being performed by the AFC; invoices will be paid via prompt pay using an E-check or credit card.
- The dozer work performed pursuant to this agreement shall be subject to a minimum charge of seven hundred fifty dollars ($750). The dozer rates are as follows: One-hundred twenty-five dollars ($125) per hour for medium-sized dozers and One-hundred sixty dollars ($160) per hour for large sized dozers. Such minimum charge shall be in addition to, and not cumulative with, any other minimum charge(s) which may apply to other types of work being performed by the AFC; invoices will be paid via prompt pay using an E-check or credit card.
- The disking work performed pursuant to this agreement shall be subject to a minimum charge of three hundred seventy-five dollars ($375). The disking rates are as follows: One-hundred twenty five dollars ($125) per hour and such minimum charge shall be in addition to, and not cumulative with, any other minimum charge(s) which may apply to other types of work being performed by the AFC; invoices will be paid via prompt pay using an E-check or credit card.
- Enrolling in these programs does not guarantee these services will be performed. A site-visit and assessment will be required by authorized AFC personnel to determine eligibility.
Landowners approved into the program will have to sign an agreement including, but not limited to, the following conditions pertaining to landowner services.
- Landowner must allow permission to enter and leave (ingress and egress) the property for the purpose of verifying, mapping, and performing any necessary related acts that may relate to them conducting the service requested.
- Landowner will agree to release and indemnify the Alabama Forestry Commission (including its officials, employees, agents, and contractors) from any claims, demands, causes of action, and/or liabilities of any nature arising from or related to this program.
How to Apply
The link for the Landowner Services Program application is listed below. In the online application, participants will be required to answer questions that pertain directly to eligibility.
Submittal and receipt of an application by the Prescribed Burning Coordinator does not guarantee the Alabama Forestry Commission will be implementing any of these landowner services on your property. AFC program staff will review the applications, which will be accepted or rejected based on the program specific eligibility requirements. After eligible sites are evaluated by AFC personnel, the local AFC office will reach out to you for further instruction.